a simple lifestyle blog
You can count on two things in Portland.
1. If you find yourself on the freeway behind a native Oregonian with their blinker on trying to merge lanes, you will be waiting for at least a solid minute before they finally decide to take the plunge and squeeze into the 6-car-length space awaiting them in the neighboring lane.
and 2. You never have to wait more than a week for 80 degree weather to turn to grey clouds and rain.
Due to the heat of last week, I had my heart set on a Asian chicken salad for dinner at some point this week.
The rain tried to spoil my salad parade. To which I declare, “NAY, thief of joy. I will prevail!”
This brings me to my second obstacle.
Costco knows what’s up with the Asian chicken salad fixins.
Crispy wonton noodles, sliced almonds and THE BEST sesame dressing in all the land.
Well, I’m a little behind on re-upping my Costco membership, you see. Just by two years. #nbd
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Microwave the peanut butter for 30-45 seconds (stopping every 15 seconds to stir) until it is melted.
2. Put all the ingredients into a glass container with a secure lid.
3. Think of someone who really gets under your skin and violently shake the container until the mixture is thoroughly combined or all your tensions have been alleviated, whichever comes first.
4. Refrigerate and chug– er, serve over a nice fresh salad. Makes approximately 6 oz. (3/4 cup) of dressing.