a simple lifestyle blog
I had an epiphany this week.
It went something like this:
“Boy, I love McMenamins‘ tots.”
“Cajun tots are the tots for me.”
“I bet the tots could be pretty healthy if they were made with sweet potatoes.”
So, this week, I came up with a recipe of the future for you and it is taaasty.
I double dog dare you to make them and not be completely swept off your feet by their light and refreshing kick.
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 large sweet potatoes
1/4 c flour (You can use rice flour if you are gluten free!)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp lime juice
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a baking pan.
2. Boil your sweet potatoes, skins on, for 20 minutes.
3. After boiling them, strain them in a colander and run cold water over them for 1-2 minutes until they are cool enough to handle.
4. Remove the skin. This should be very easy to do at this point.
5. Either use an electric grater or box grater to grate your sweet potatoes into a large mixing bowl.
6. To the grated sweet potato, add flour, salt, cayenne, garlic powder and lime juice. Combine well.
7. Form small tot-like shapes with the mixture and place onto your greased baking sheet.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes until outer layer is crispy. Enjoy!
No need to thank me. Just promise you will treat yourself to these bad boys sometime SOON.
Until next time, cheers!