a simple lifestyle blog
The one fact about myself that I am reminded of every time we move is how much I love jewelry.
Not so much the classic, expensive type with diamonds and silver that doesn’t make your fingers turn green.
More like the somewhat excessive, what I prefer to call “bohemian”, eclectic style of jewelry.
Think Phoebe Buffay!
When we move, I always have to find a clever way to pack all of my precious jewels so I don’t end up at our new place with one giant knot of jewelry. Then its a whole different kind of challenge when I need to assess the best way to display my most prized possessions in our new space.
1. Glue together Dollar Store mirrors and candlestick holders.
2. Curl the ends of thick wire and anchor them in an ornate glass bottle.
3. Collect small, but sturdy branches from outside and place them in a vase or glass jar/bottle.
(You can also spray paint them white, silver, gold, etc. to spruce them up!)
4. Use a tiny chisel to get a hole started in a wooden hanger and screw in cup hooks ($5 for 15 at Home Depot) manually.
5. Hang shower curtain hooks on a towel rod to display necklaces neatly.
6. Screw some metal pipes together in any formation of your choice and anchor to a flat surface.
7. Hang a cork board and strategically place your pins.
Now that that’s all sorted out, we can continue to be fabulous.
Until next time, cheers!