a simple lifestyle blog
The holiday season is upon us!
Who here can agree that holiday beverages are THE BEST?
YES. Alright, alright!
And who here can agree that they tend to be grossly overpriced??
OKAY, very good.
And who here can admit that they pilfer pennies and dimes from their partner’s pants pockets to scrounge up the money to support this seasonally acceptable form of substance dependence?!
Um, so I guess I’ll just leave this here…
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
4 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp molasses
3/4 c strong brewed coffee
1 1/2 c milk
*This is enough to serve two, cut recipe in half if your making this for one #unitedwestand #foreveralone
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Combine ground ginger, cinnamon, sugar and molasses into coffee and whisk well.
2. Heat milk over medium heat in a medium saucepan whisking frequently for about 8-10 minutes or until foam forms.
* As the milk heats, the more you whisk, the more foam. This is GOOD.
3. Separate coffee mixture into two mugs.
*Whisk the mixture well before separating if it has been sitting for a bit, the spices may have settled to the bottom.
4. Split heated milk between the two mugs as well, using a spoon to hold back foam from going in to mug until very end when you scoop it on top after whisking coffee and milk together.