a simple lifestyle blog
This week I come to you with the burdens of curly hair weighing me down.
Most of the time, I enjoy rocking the unkempt, fully frizzy ‘do.
Its kind of wild and edgy and, BOY, do I love to be wild and edgy.
But sometimes– SOMETIMES.
I just want to experience sleek– yet luscious– locks.
I actually sprained my finger trying to run it through my hair once.
I wish I was lying.
This combined with my propensity to get haircuts never except, of course, when I cut it myself with children’s safety scissors has left me in a sad state atop my head.
Perhaps its time for a little TLC, hmm?
* This is plenty to cover very long and thick hair, if you aren’t growing a tropical rain forest on your head, you may consider whipping up a half batch.
Here’s what you’ll do
1. Mix the ingredients in a microwavable bowl.
2. Zap it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
3. Apply to damp hair making sure to comb through while doing so to ensure a thorough and consistent coating.
* If you are worried about your scalp getting too oily, DON’T. Or just concentrate the application on the ends of your hair.
* I left mine in for about 30 minutes because I have a lot of hair and no fears.
Okay, so I’m not kidding around here at all. THIS STUFF TOTALLY WORKED FOR ME.
Honey is a natural humectant (I did not just make that word up) meaning it attracts moisture PLUS it has lots of nutrients and antioxidants to nourish our hair follicles (which contain the live parts of our hair that do the growing, dontcha know.)
Olive oil (especially the extra virgin variety) contains vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that help stimulate hair growth and protect our hair from undesirables such as dirt, pollution and strong sun rays.
My hair, the untamed, raggedy mess that it is, has been on its best behavior since doing this hair mask.
Have any good hair tips you’d like to share?
Until next week, cheers!