a simple lifestyle blog
If my life these past few weeks was a .gif, here’s what it would look like:
That being said, I do think it is important to try to keep your head up.
Try and keep a positive attitude.
Find the silver lining, if you will.
Cookies, my friends…
…cookies are where its at…
…cookies will not forsake you…
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 c all purpose flour (or a gluten free mix)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (if you don’t have this just use 1/2 tsp nutmeg + 1/2 tsp allspice + 1 tsp ground)
1 c butter (or butter substitute if you are DF)
1 c white sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 c pumpkin puree
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 c rolled oats (make sure these are certified GF if necessary)
1 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda.
3. In larger bowl, cream together white sugar, brown sugar and butter.
4. Add pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and egg to creamed sugar/butter mixture. Mix well.
5. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients and mix together.